In an era where knowledge creation and applied research is being acknowledged as the primary basis for the development and growth of society, ASB is also moving in the same direction.
Amrita is one of the few B-Schools in the country where a doctoral Program in Management is offered. The doctoral Program was started by ASB with a view to encouraging the aspiring scholars to take up research in the country. The first batch of the doctoral Program was commenced in 2009. Learn More »
The ASB faculty has over the years published in some of the top peer reviewed international journals of their respective fields. This list includes Annals of Operation Research, European Journal of Operations Research, International Journal of Applied Economics and Econometrics, International Journal of Operations Research, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Systems Science, OPSEARCH, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of International Business Studies, Academy of Management, Academy of Management Review, Long Range Planning, and Leadership and Organizational Development Journal.
Faculty Achievements and Activities
Dr. Vivek Menon
International Research Collaboration
- Dr. Vivek Menon visited the University at Buffalo (UB), USA during June-July, 2011 to further his collaborative research with Dr. Bharat Jayaraman and Dr. Venu Govindaraju, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, UB, on identification, tracking, and querying in smart environments.
Publications (Journals and Conferences)
- Menon V., Jayaraman B., Govindaraju V., "Spatio-Temporal Reasoning in Biometrics Based Smart Environments", Proc. of 2nd International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2011), Elsevier Science, pp. 378-385, Ontario, Canada, Sep 2011.
- Menon V., Jayaraman B., Govindaraju V., "Three R's of Cyber-Physical Spaces", IEEE Computer, Vol. 44(9), pp. 73-79, Sep 2011.
- Menon V., Jayaraman B., Govindaraju V. "Multimodal Identification and Tracking in Smart Environments", Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Special Issue on Multimodal Systems, Services and Interfaces for Ubiquitous Computing, Vol. 14(8), pp. 685 - 694, Springer-Verlag London, Dec 2010.
- Menon V., "Biometrics Driven Smart Environments", Adjunct Proc. of the 10th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 94-97, Seoul, Korea, Sep 2008.
- Menon V., Jayaraman B., Govindaraju V., "Integrating Recognition and Reasoning in Smart Environments", Proc. of the 4th IET Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE' 08), IET, Seattle, USA, Jul 2008. (Available on IEEE Xplore).
- Menon V., Jayaraman B., Govindaraju V., "Biometrics Driven Smart Environments: Abstract Framework and Evaluation", Proc. of the 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing, Springer-Verlag, pp. 75 - 89, Oslo, Norway, Jun 2008.
- Menon V., "Adaptation in Pervasive Computing Environments: A Multi-Agent Approach", Proc. of International Symposium on Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, IEEE Press, pp. 184 - 185, Surathkal, India, Dec 2006.
- Menon, V., Diwakar S., "Exploiting Mobile MultiAgent Systems for Multiclass Proximal Support Vector Classification", Proc. of 13th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks in Engineering, ASME Press, pp. 187 - 192, St. Louis, USA, Nov 2003.
- Invited to present a white-paper titled "Identification, Tracking, and Querying in Cyber-Physical Spaces" at the Indo-U.S. Workshop on Developing a Research Agenda in Pervasive Communications and Computing Collaboration (PC3), cosponsored by the National Science Foundation, USA and Department of Information Technology (DIT), Govt. of India, held at IIT Delhi from March 9 â€“ 11, 2011.
- Invited technical talk titled 'Tracking people in Smart Environments' at the 7th Indo-Australian Conference on IT Security (IACITS 2011), jointly organized by Society for Electronic Transaction and Security (SETS), IIT Madras, and Queensland University of Technology under the auspices of Indo-Australian IT Security Society held at IITM Research Park from April 11-12, 2011.
Prof. Soumyaja D
- Soumyaja, D., T.J.Kamalanabhan and S.Bhattacharyya, (2011). Development of a Situational Judgement Inventory for measuring Practical Intelligence. Indore Management Journal, accepted, in press.
- Soumyaja, D., T.J.Kamalanabhan and S.Bhattacharyya, (2011). Employee readiness for change: The facilitating role of process and contextual factors. International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation, accepted, in press.
- Soumyaja, D., T.J.Kamalanabhan and S.Bhattacharyya, (2011). An empirical study on the role of context factors in employeesâ€™ commitment to change. International Journal of Learning and Change, accepted, in press.
- Soumyaja, D., and S.Bhattacharyya,(2010) Employee Readiness to Change and Individual Intelligence:The facilitating role of interpersonal and contextual factors. Presented at the International Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. January 8-9.
- Soumyaja,D., T.J.Kamalanabhan and S.Bhattacharyya, (2010). Employee readiness to change: The facilitating role of process and contextual factors. Presented at the International Doctoral Theses Conference, Indian Business School, Hyderabad. Septemeber 24-25.
Prof. Sandhya G.
- Sandhya. G, Dr. Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, Dilbar Gimranova, Amin Aloysium Ajab, Customer Driven Innovation : A Conceptual Model, presented at the 12th International Conference of the Society for Global Business & Economic Development, at Singapore from July 21 - 23, 2011.
- Sunanda Muralidharan, Sandhya G.,"Women Empowerment Through Self Transformation: A Case Study Approach" presented at the National Conference on Globalization and Women Empowerment at the Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad, March 15- 16, 2012.
An Introduction to Commodity Derivatives
Published by:NCDEX Institute of Commodity Markets and Research (NICR)
Month and Year of Publication: September, 2008
Livelihood Pattern Of Agricultural Labour Households In Rural India
Dr. Sushanta Kumar Mahapatra
Published by:Vdm Verlag, Germany
ISBN Number: 978-3-639-30220-2
Month and Year of Publication: September, 2010
Description: The exploration of rural agricultural labour households believes significance, as they represent a vulnerable section of the rural population, whose percentage has increased drastically in almost all the states in India. An important trend in large number of theoretical and empirical studies on the functioning of rural labour markets has been appeared to explain the patterns of income, employment, extent of earning and indebtedness prevalent among these households. This book analyzes the trend in wages, inter-district and intra-district differences in wage rate and gender differences among the rural agricultural labour households in rural Orissa with a view to understand their livelihood pattern. The book also analyzes pattern of employment, income, extent of indebtedness and earning prevalent among rural landless labourers and agricultural households in rural Orissa. Further, the book discusses the prevailing contractual arrangement of the rural labour market. This book would be very useful for students, academicians, researchers, activists and policy makers for understanding the dynamics of rural labour market, wage determination, livelihood pattern and development.