Placements at the Amrita School of Business
The Directorate of Corporate & Industry Relations (CIR) strives to achieve excellent placement of students each year. A proven track record of consistent high quality placements year-on-year is one of the reasons for many bright students opting for admissions in Amrita.
Placements are handled by a group of experts with Head-Placement for MBAs at the top, along with support from Placement Managers positioned at various campuses of Amrita School of Business at Coimbatore and Departments of Management Studies at Amritapuri, Bangalore and Kochi.
Some of the key aspects that are taken into account by the placement team are given as follows:
- Ensuring summer placements and final placements of students from all branches of Management in reputed organisations.
- Improving the quality of placements in terms of job opportunities, companies of relevance that visit the campus and the highest and average salaries.
- Ensuring maximum visibility of the institution to the corporate world through frequent visits, interactions with the top management and facilitation of Faculty Development Programmes, Student Visits, Training and Project Guidance under Corporate Action Plan.
- Updating / reviewing the Placement Policy in terms of number of opportunities, career options, etc., from time to time.
- Selecting Placement Committee (Placecom) for MBA placement and providing necessary inputs. Placecom is a body of select students representing the entire batch and works closely with Head – Placement. Placecom students are involved in all activities connected with the placement process.
- Utilising the vast network of alumni, the corporate relations managers of sister institutions / other campuses and eminent personalities who are devotees of AMMA, for the benefit of students.
- Obtaining feedback from employers on the performance of students to enhance the quality of students.
- Assisting in improving the employability of the students by organising special training with the help of experts from industry
- Preparing the placement brochure for the School of Business and other materials necessary to give detailed information on the students’ profile and programmes offered by the institution, for the benefit of potential recruiters and the corporate world
- Building rapport with the top management of companies by organising visits of CEOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs and GMs to the university.
Placements at Amrita have always been excellent. Students who are eligible and opt for placements have more than one job offer, on an average. Exercising their dream option, some of them have up to four job offers by the end of their course. Some highlights of the placements have been:
- Consistent, near-100% placements in the past for Management
- Dream option available for placed students to go for higher packages / better job profiles
- Highest packages consistently in double figures in lakhs p.a. for the last several years
- Placement statistics for the year 2012-2013 are given below:
• Percentage of Students Placed: 99
• No. of Companies Visited: 105
• Average Salary (Lakhs / year): 5.01
• Maximum Salary (Lakhs / year): 20.75
• Highest Salary Paid by: Ericsson - Kuwait
Thus, 202 students were placed at Amrita School of Business (ASB) at salaries that have shown significant growth over the previous years. The placements have provided them high-quality, diverse and professional opportunities.
FINAL PLACEMENT – GRAPHS (2012-2013)
We invite all corporates to participate in our many-faceted activities at Amrita. Please mail us at
or visit http://www.amritacir.in/ for more details.